Tablets are electronic devices and they are susceptible to many issues. Your Windows tablet can misbehave and malfunction occasionally. The general troubleshooting steps that are discussed below can help you fix some of the common problems with Windows tablets.
Cannot Connect to Internet
If you find that you are unable to connect to the internet from your Windows tablet, you can try the following steps.
- Restart your tablet, as restarting the device can help fix temporary problems with internet connectivity.
- If you are using your tablet to connect to a wireless network for the first time, type in the password carefully to ensure that you are entering the password correctly.
- Unplug the router, wait for about thirty seconds, and then plug it in again. You need to wait again for thirty seconds before trying to connect to the network from your tablet.
Exit a Frozen App
As tablets do not have physical keyboard, we cannot hold down the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to initiate any app-killing widget. Instead, you need to hold down the Windows key and Power button together on the tablet to bring up the Task Manager pop-up widget. The Task Manager of the tablet will offer you five options.
- Lock: This can be a handy option if you are going to leave your tablet for some time. You will need to re-enter the password if you wish to use the tablet again.
- Switch User: You can choose this option to allow any other account holder to sign in and use the tablet. When the user signs out, the programs and apps that you used will remain the same in your user account.
- Sign Out: Choosing this option will close down the programs and apps, sign you out, and will leave you at the sign on screen for other users.
- Task Manager: You can choose this option to see the list of all the apps that are currently running. If you see that a program is frozen, you can hold your finger on the name of the program. This will show you the pop-up menu and you can select End Task to close the program.
- If none of the above options works, you can tap on the Power option located on the bottom right corner of the screen. This will show a pop-up menu that allow you to Sleep, Shut Down or Restart the tablet.