Several people who use Android tablets and smartphones have a misconception that a damaged Power button means the end of the line for their device. It is true that you will not be able to swiftly and smoothly operate an Android tablet with a damaged Power button but it doesn’t mean that you should throw the device away.
There are plenty of ways and techniques that will enable you to lock, unlock, power off, and power on your device without using the Power button of your Android tablet. If you feel that the Power button on your device is not working properly, then the first thing you should do is to turn on Scheduled Power ON and USB Debugging. This will make sure that you don’t lose access to your Android tablet.
Unfortunately, several people who use Android tablets and smartphones have no clue on how to enable these features, while others have not even heard of such features. If you belong to any one of these groups, then below are a few simple set of steps on how to turn on Scheduled Power ON and USB Debugging on an Android device.
Enabling USB Debugging on an Android Tablet
- Go to the Settings menu of your Android tablet.
- Scroll down until you see the Developer Options and then tap on it. However, if you are unable to see such an option in the Settings menu, then head straight to About Phone and tap on Build Number several times until you receive a pop-up message, which reads “You are now a Developer”.
- You will now need to toggle Developer Options to the On
- Locate USB Debugging and then simply enable by tapping on it.
Enabling Scheduled Power ON
If the Android tablet you are using supports Scheduled Power ON/OFF feature, you should turn the feature on in order to automate Power Off and Power On. If your device runs out of charge and turns off, then this feature will automatically boot up your tablet at a pre-set time.
- Open the Settings menu of your tablet and then look for the Scheduled Power ON/OFF
- Once you have located this option, toggle the switch to its On position, and then tap on Set Time for Power Off to set a preset time of your choice.