Android tablets are prone to a host of issues that will hamper the functioning and performance of the device. The tablets have a built-in option for identifying and resolving any of such minor issues. The Safe Mode option is one such option present in Android tablets for troubleshooting any issues. It can help the user to troubleshoot the device if a system crash or other issues occur.
Some of the major reasons to boot into Safe Mode in a tablet are because of rebooting issues, low battery life and decreases in performance. Below is how to boot an Android tablet into Safe Mode for troubleshooting.
Safe Mode Booting
The ways of booting into Safe Mode differs according to the version of Android installed on the tablet.
For tablets running on older versions of Android;
- Press and hold the Power button and then select the Power Off This will switch off the device completely.
- Press and hold the Power button to turn on the tablet. Release the Power button as soon as the logo of the device appears on the display.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and continue holding them until the device is booted into the Safe Mode.
For tablets running on Android 4.1 or later versions;
- Press and hold the Power button until the power options menu is displayed.
- Press and hold the Power Off option until a dialogue box is displayed that asks whether to reboot the device to Safe Mode and select the OK option to continue.
Safe Mode Troubleshooting
A Safe Mode text will appear at the bottom of the screen after the tablet is booted into Safe Mode. By entering into Safe Mode, the user can identify the cause of the issue such as a misbehaving app and selectively remove them. The Safe Mode options will let access only to the apps that were pre-installed with the device.
All the installed apps and widgets will be disabled while in Safe Mode. During Safe Mode, if the tablet is functioning normally without any issues, then the problem usually lies within any of the apps installed. For uninstalling the apps;
- Go the Settings option and select Apps. Navigate to the app, select it and tap on the Uninstall Remove any of the newly installed apps first.
- Install each of the app one by one after every one of them is uninstalled to determine which app is causing the issue.